Louis Saha reacts to Manchester United move for Edinson Cavani
Edinson Cavani is on the verge of completing a move to Manchester United.
Former Red Devils striker Louis Saha has given the move his seal of approval.
Saha says Cavani will be an inspiration at United and the veteran forward will have a big impact on the team.
Cavani is poised to fly to Manchester to undergo a medical, ESPN Deportes first reported.
United are set to agree a two-year deal to sign Cavani, BBC Sport report.
Cavani is PSG’s record goalscorer with 200 goals and he will feature for United against the French side in the Champions League later this month.
The move for Cavani is a little bit of a divisive one among the United fanbase, because it represents a lack of long term planning from the club.
There are fears he could follow Radamel Falcao in failing to justify his big reputation.
However, Cavani is not coming off an ACL injury like Falcao was, and United desperately need striker reinforcements.
Cavani gives United an impressive new option and eases pressure on Anthony Martial.
- 19-year-old defensive midfielder thrilled to join Cristiano Ronaldo in Manchester United training
- 'He can completely destroy an opponent': Ten Hag's £14.4m Ajax star raves about former Manchester United boss
- Manchester United XI that could leave this summer, including two France internationals
- 20-year-old Manchester United talent compared to De Ligt could be big winner under Ten Hag
- Ralf Rangnick gets triple injury boost ahead of final game as Manchester United manager
- Brazilian press report Antony is keen to leave Ajax, Manchester United make 'concrete proposal'
- An XI of players that has played with Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi including 3 former Manchester United stars
- Manchester United loanee gets international call despite only 71 minutes action in four months
- Manchester United can take real positive signs from Ajax's two award winners