Reports in France claim that a move to Paris Saint-Germain is tempting Paul Pogba this summer.
L’Equipe report that the prospect of joining Mauricio Pochettino’s men is appealing to Pogba.
He of course has a year left on his contract and that has impacted United’s asking price, as per the report.
It says that United want 50 million euros (£43 million) for Pogba this summer.
That low price is because if he doesn’t sign a new deal, he’ll be a free agent this time next year.
He’d be free to organise a pre-contract deal to join a foreign club as early as January.
So United are running out of chances to get any money back for a man who was the world record transfer when he arrived in August 2016.
And talks have apparently been ongoing for weeks between PSG sporting director Leonardo and Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola.
PSG need to sell to buy
PSG have been aggressive in the transfer market so far, but the report claims they now need to sell to buy any more players this summer.
Former United midfielder Ander Herrera is among a list of players mooted as most likely to leave to raise the funds to sign Pogba.
That’s despite the fact the reported £43 million asking price is less than half the £89 million United spent on Pogba.
But until PSG can generate the necessary money to bid for Pogba – through player sales – what he’s tempted by or otherwise doesn’t matter a great deal.
- Which Eric Bailly will we see on his first United appearance of the season?
- Charlie Savage tries claiming deflected own goal and his teammates are not having it
- Ex United duo Falcao and Bebe combine to net late winner for La Liga side
- Teden Mengi produces captain’s performance in EFL Trophy win
- What is Cristiano Ronaldo’s penalty record for Manchester United?