Kieran Trippier is one player Manchester United still expect to sign later in the summer.
United have to free up funds by moving players on, with The Telegraph reporting Trippier hopes to eventually move to Old Trafford.
This is a deal for later in the month, possibly even deadline day, and as such, there is no immediate need for Trippier to attempt to force a move.
Yesterday Trippier returned to training with Atletico Madrid after his summer break.
Trippier may be ‘desperate’ to return to the UK, but he won’t be following former Tottenham teammate Harry Kane by going on strike to force a move.
The defender’s potential move to United is dependent on whether the club can, and want to loan out youngsters Diogo Dalot and Brandon Williams.
Trippier can provide back-up for United on both flanks, and also play as a wing-back if required. And his presence does not block Wan-Bissaka long-term.
Atletico Madrid have two friendly fixtures upcoming including one against Cadiz tonight (Wed), before their first La Liga game against Celta Vigo on August 15.
When and if Trippier signs with United, he will be match fit and ready to contribute due to the pre-season he is now undertaking with Atletico.
- Solskjaer offers update on Cavani ahead of Villa clash
- Aston Villa boss Smith raves about United loanee Axel Tuanzebe
- Manchester United’s top under-23s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United’s top under-18s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United have doubts over signing Declan Rice
- Uruguay negotiating to try and secure Edinson Cavani release for October international fixtures
- Should Solskjaer start Jesse Lingard against Aston Villa and how would he fit in?
- Three players linked with Manchester United transfer moves this week
- Two Manchester United players have turned Cristiano Ronaldo deal from luxury to necessity
- Two Manchester United academy players react after meeting Ronaldo for the first time