Johan Guadagno in Copenhagen first team squad after leaving United academy
Johan Guadagno’s time at Manchester United was short and over before he had barely got started.
Manchester United signed the young goalkeeper in 2019 from Swedish side IF Brommapojkarna.
Guadagno joined a competitive young group of academy goalkeepers, arriving in the same summer United also signed Radek Vitek.
The youngster made nine appearances for United’s under-18s before making a surpisingly swift exit in the summer.
Guadagno joined Danish side FC Copenhagen, where he has gone into the first team squad.
While he has not yet made his first team debut, Guadagno has been on the bench for all four of Copenhagen’s UEFA Conference League games.
UEFA’s newest competition has it’s detractors, but playing in front of stadiums around Europe is certainly a step up from under-18s football.
Last night Guadagno was part of the squad which won 2-1 away at PAOK.
Copenhagen sit top of their group and face Lincoln Red Imps next, a side from Gibraltar, which have not won a single point.
Is there an outside chance Guadagno could be thrown in to make his debut?
Perhaps. But there are two sides just two points behind Copenhagen, so they will probably stick with the same side to try and seal qualification.
At this early stage of his career, just being in and around the first team squad for such matches is progress for the 18-year-old, who will hope to eventually get to put the tips he learned at United to good use.
- Report: Manchester United raise £1m transfer target budget to £7m
- Photos: Cristiano Ronaldo features as United officially release new 2022/23 third kit
- Forget Arnautovic, the most ludicrous Manchester United striker link yet has emerged
- Manchester United's possible midfield solution could finally make career-changing breakthrough this weekend
- Report: £63m Manchester United target's fiancee 'desperate' to stay put