Odion Ighalo has been speaking about the quality of his fellow Manchester United strikers.
Ighalo signed a new loan deal this week at Old Trafford to keep him at the club until January 2021.
The Nigerian has had kind words to say about his teammates, who he is both competing with and working alongside.
Ighalo was particularly complimentary about young striker Mason Greenwood, who has scored 13 goals this season.
He told the club website: “He’s a very good player. I think I used to see with my eyes he’s looking like Robin van Persie.
“He can shoot with both feet, he’s a very intelligent player, young and is not afraid.”
Greenwood’s fantastic displays and ice cold ability in front of goal have made it easy to forget he is just 18-years-old.
United now have four fully fit strikers gearing up for the Premier League’s restart.
Ighalo had kind words for Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford too, who he is looking forward to playing alongside for the first time.
He said: “Anto is a very skilful, good striker who scores goals. Marcus always wants the ball. He can run behind defenders. He can come and get the ball to feet and shoot from any angle.
“These guys are very good, very young guys and I’m grateful to be playing with this set of strikers.”
It is good for United to have options, because at times due to injuries earlier in the season, our attacking players were stretched to play two games per week.
United are still waiting for the dates and times of the restarted fixtures to be confirmed by the Premier League.
The Times reports United’s first match will be away at Tottenham on a Friday night, on June 19th, with the fixture selected by Sky Sports.
- Manchester United should extend Mason Greenwood’s contract even further
- Bruno Fernandes is enjoying helping Anthony Martial shine
- Be open minded over a potential United move for Nathan Ake
- Incoming United addition Isak Hansen-Aaroen makes professional debut
- Victor Lindelof was not pictured in United training on Monday amid injury worry
- Fresh Jadon Sancho could help Manchester United start next season in style
- Harvey Neville signs professional Manchester United deal
- New Matic contract can help persuade Pogba to renew his United deal
- The stats which show Jack Grealish can be a top asset for Manchester United