How many games is Harry Maguire suspended for?
Harry Maguire embarrassed himself with a red card in Manchester United’s woeful defeat to Watford.
Maguire had been due a big performance after starring for England in two World Cup qualifiers against Albania and San Marino.
At club level, Maguire was a big under performer once again.
He picked up two yellow cards in the second half against Watford and was dismissed.
The error took momentum away from United’s comeback and sparked a further late defensive collapse as the team pushed for an equaliser, with the team losing 4-1.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was fired in wake of the defeat.
Maguire now suspended
Harry Maguire is now suspended as a result of his farcical red card.
The suspension will be for just one Premier League game, as his sending off was a result of two yellow cards.
Maguire will miss Manchester United’s game away at Chelsea next Sunday.
The United defender scored in United’s win at Stamford Bridge two seasons ago.
He will return for the Premier League fixture at home to Arsenal the following week.
Maguire remains eligible to play in the Champions League against Villarreal on Tuesday.
With Raphael Varane injured, Eric Bailly and Victor Lindelof will likely start against Chelsea next weekend, while Phil Jones could be on the bench.
- Ten Hag reportedly gives key role to Manchester United star with no appearances since December 2021
- Surprise Van Gaal signing and 3 other former Manchester United players who played under Omonia boss Lennon
- Poland youth international trains with Manchester United first team ahead of Europa League tie
- Ten Hag's Manchester United have to bounce back like Sir Alex Ferguson's did after City trouncing
- 18-time international hoping to follow in the footsteps of former Manchester United teammate