Not many Manchester United fans to hear from Harry Maguire right now, with the club captain currently presiding over a broken dressing room.
Even though Maguire did not play against Wolves on Monday night, the continued poor displays reflects as bitterly on him as anybody else due to his role as skipper.
Maguire has chosen to keep a dignified silence on social media, wise enough to realise fans do not care to see generic words like ‘we go again’, or ‘we will be back stronger’.
Simply put, United’s situation is beyond words right now and actions are needed instead.
Maguire has instead surfaced on social media in a different way, congratulating England teammate Kieran Trippier upon sealing a move to Newcastle.
Maguire was one of several players to congratulate Trippier on his move to Newcastle, although the only Manchester United one.
Trippier was linked with a move to United in the summer, with The Telegraph at one stage claiming he was ‘desperate’ for a move to Old Trafford.
United and Atletico could not align over a transfer fee, with the usual extra tax applied. Newcastle have landed him for just £12 million plus add-ons.
Maguire won’t see Trippier any time soon, as United have played both games against Newcastle this season. He had been due to go up against him with Atletico Madrid in the Champions League, but the Spanish side will now be looking for a new right-back.
This was the first post Maguire had made on social media since his hopes for a strong 2022
- Some Manchester United fans react to Anthony Martial's performance
- Paul Pogba reacts to Manchester United's 1-0 win over West Ham
- Photo: Anthony Martial pictured embracing Ralf Rangnick after Manchester United beat West Ham
- 'Absolutely incredible'… Some Manchester United fans react to star's display v West Ham
- 'This is Manchester United'…Defender with 4 tackles and 2 key passes celebrates vital win