Harry Maguire breaks social media silence to congratulate Trippier on Newcastle move
Not many Manchester United fans to hear from Harry Maguire right now, with the club captain currently presiding over a broken dressing room.
Even though Maguire did not play against Wolves on Monday night, the continued poor displays reflects as bitterly on him as anybody else due to his role as skipper.
Maguire has chosen to keep a dignified silence on social media, wise enough to realise fans do not care to see generic words like ‘we go again’, or ‘we will be back stronger’.
Simply put, United’s situation is beyond words right now and actions are needed instead.
Maguire has instead surfaced on social media in a different way, congratulating England teammate Kieran Trippier upon sealing a move to Newcastle.
Maguire was one of several players to congratulate Trippier on his move to Newcastle, although the only Manchester United one.
Trippier was linked with a move to United in the summer, with The Telegraph at one stage claiming he was ‘desperate’ for a move to Old Trafford.
United and Atletico could not align over a transfer fee, with the usual extra tax applied. Newcastle have landed him for just £12 million plus add-ons.
Maguire won’t see Trippier any time soon, as United have played both games against Newcastle this season. He had been due to go up against him with Atletico Madrid in the Champions League, but the Spanish side will now be looking for a new right-back.
This was the first post Maguire had made on social media since his hopes for a strong 2022
- Now Manchester United could sign Erik ten Hag's most reliable player after De Jong move
- Star set to complete Manchester United move once £5m bonus dispute with club is sorted: Report
- Deal close: Manchester United hope to finalise £69m De Jong move by end of the week
- 'Watch Love Island instead': Six worst/funniest reviews left by Manchester United fans on Paul Pogba's documentary
- Report: 'Outstanding' 22-year-old talent is now all set to leave Manchester United on loan