Manchester United are said to be close to completing one transfer deal.
The Mail report United have agreed a deal with Monaco to sign 16-year-old midfielder Hannibal Mejbri.
Mejbri is represented by Jorge Mendes, who is said to have been at Carrington to seal the deal earlier on Wednesday.
United are set to pay £9 million for the wonderkid, with it claimed a deal has been in the pipeline for months.
So what do we know about Mejbri?
The youngster is a central midfielder with hair just like Tahith Chong.
He came through the prestigious Clairefontaine youth academy in France where Thierry Henry and Louis Saha once graduated.
Mejbri’s dad was an international for Morocco, while the youngster has represented France at under-16 level.
Mejbri has already rejected moves to Liverpool and Arsenal in his brief career.
The Sun reported that Mejbri snubbed Arsenal to sign with Monaco, with his dad Latif adding: “I will give an anecdote: after signing for Monaco whilst on holiday in Tunisia, a lawyer with a mandate from Liverpool called me with an enormous offer.
“But I only had one word for him.”
That’s good enough for us.
- Manchester United fans call for Angel Gomes to feature against Palace
- Solskjaer gives quiet and important backing to Axel Tuanzebe
- Early look ahead to Manchester United v Crystal Palace
- In praise of Paul Pogba’s start to the season
- Looking at Dan James’ first Manchester United start
Hopefully he turns out to be worth the money, and makes both sides regret their failure.
£9 million is a massive amount to spend on a 16-year-old. RMC Sport reported we were trying to get the deal done for just £3.5 million in June.
Still, if he turns out to be a world class player, it will be a drop in the ocean.