Lee Grant has shared how Manchester United’s senior players reacted to the news that Cristiano Ronaldo is rejoining the club.
United announced they had a deal in place to sign Ronaldo on Friday and his return has been confirmed on deadline day.
Grant spoke to TalkSPORT about how the United dressing room responded to the news.
It was a thrilling day for United fans around the world and it’s clear the players were just as excited by the news.
“The excitement is palpable,” said Grant. “I’ll be honest with you, it’s not just the younger players.
“The thing that made me realise ‘this is huge’ was the reaction of our senior players.
“I’m thinking about the impact it’ll have on me and my training so imagine the impact it’ll have on our senior players.
“I was picking one of my children from nursery and one of our bigger players was there. The look on his face, bordering on giddyness that we were able to bring a player like Cristiano in.”
Ronaldo raising the levels
Every single United player will know they have to train harder and more professionally now Ronaldo’s back.
That’s what he does; he leads by example and he will challenge every player at the club to raise their levels.
It’s understandable that United’s players would be so thrilled by the news. He is one of the most famous sports starts on the planet.
Ronaldo will give the team a huge boost after the international break and hopefully set United up for a hugely successful season.
- 'I'm truly sorry'… Amad sends apology to Manchester United supporters
- 'Absolutely incredible'… Some Manchester United fans react to star's 'world class' performance against Young Boys
- Manchester United's 3 best players against Young Boys
- Robbie Savage's reaction as son Charlie comes on to make Manchester United debut
- 5 things learned as Manchester United draw 1-1 against Young Boys