Gary Neville has posted a short wordless tweet in response to claims Ed Woodward has quit the club.
The Guardian are among the newspapers to report Woodward has stepped down.
Woodward has left his post as executive vice-chairman, in response to the disastrously received Super League proposals.
Neville posted an emoji of a hand waving goodbye, in response to Woodward’s exit.
Woodward took over at United in 2013 after David Gill resigned, and presided after a disastrous first summer in charge.
United’s transfer windows were consistently poor since, and United have failed to seriously challenge for the title during Woodward’s tenure.
While United looked to be gaining some stability in recent months, Woodward and the Glazers have caused a major storm with the club’s Super League proposals.
With the plans beginning to crumble, there was no way back for Woodward. Staying in position looked truly untenable.
This is a fantastic day for United fans. Woodward’s exit was long overdue.
- Villarreal striker Moreno scores 29th goal of the season ahead of United clash
- Manchester United target Sven Botman produces man of the match performance for Lille
- Dan James returns to Manchester United training
- Who is reported Manchester United target Mauro Arambarri?
- Goalkeepers who have scored for Manchester United