Manchester United’s players are currently enjoying a winter break from a season where Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s thin squad have played a lot of football.
The Times report United will head off to Marbella next week for some warm weather training but for now, the players are free to enjoy themselves.
Just as important as letting the body recover is having a break mentally from the pressure of playing for the biggest club in the world.
Three players who have elected to train through the break – as per the Times – as Diogo Dalot, Jesse Lingard and Luke Shaw, who have flown to Dubai with first team coach Kieran McKenna to ensure they’re as fit as possible for the run in.
Dalot’s fellow defender Victor Lindelof has taken himself off to Morocco for a break.
United’s January Player of the Month Fred has earned himself a breather and posted a photo of himself in the Maldives.
Brandon Williams was pictured in Dubai, while his fellow academy graduate Marcus Rashford uploaded a snap of himself in good spirits as his recovery from a back injury continues.
Anthony Martial has looked very jaded indeed, struggling in Rashford’s absence but also looks to have escaped for a spot of sun.
Solskjaer will perhaps hope that the break benefits Martial as much as anyone because he needs far more from the Frenchman than he is getting right now.
- United defender Axel Tuanzebe reflects on a ‘frustrating’ season
- Solskjaer instructions clear as Manchester United shun long ball tactics
- United linked star Camavinga has made more tackles than Wan-Bissaka
- Odion Ighalo sends message to Manchester United fan about his future
- Seven top class Manchester United combinations we’ve barely seen yet