The international break is over for most Manchester United players but Fred was in action in the early hours of Friday morning.
The Red Devils midfielder started for Brazil against Uruguay, for whom Edinson Cavani lined up in attack.
Brazil ran out 4-1 winners and Fred helped them get the ball rolling when he set up Neymar’s opening goal.
You can watch his sumptuous chipped through ball below:
That is the kind of pass United fans do not see often enough in a red shirt.
It came in an impressive all-round individual performance, which SofaScore graded at 7.9 out of 10.
He completed 55 of his 59 passes, made three tackles and a pair of interceptions and clearances.
After the match, Fred took to Instagram to celebrate the win, sending a message to the fans.
It translated to read: “Incredible night! Congratulations to our entire team for the great performance. We remain strong in pursuit of our goals. Thank you, God.”
Brazil lead South American qualifying by six points from second-placed Argentina and are now on the brink of World Cup qualification.
His exploits do mean he is almost certain not to start United’s trip to Leicester on Saturday.
But an assist and strong performance in a thumping win should boost his confidence before his return for a challenging run of fixtures in October.
- Cavani issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea
- Josh King admits blocked Manchester United move was worst moment of his career
- Carrick says van de Beek is capable of playing as a false nine
- Rangnick tipped to have same impact at United like Tuchel did at Chelsea
- Manchester United fans react to Dusan Vlahovic reports