Fred hits back at claims is not happy at United
A lot is being said about Manchester United at the moment after a the abject performance in the 1-0 home loss to Wolves.
It seems to be open season, with widespread reports of dressing room unrest and low morale under Ralf Rangnick.
The Daily Mirror reported earlier this week that as many as 13 players are unhappy and want to leave.
Fred was named among them but has hit back at the report Twitter, claiming it was false.
The move mirrors Paul Pogba’s approach after the 5-0 defeat to Liverpool in October, when he took to social media to hit back at claims he snubbed then manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at the end of the game.
Fred clarified that he is happy at the club and said that the reports concerning the morale of his teammates are also wide of the mark.
The Brazilian’s contract runs until June 2023 and the club have the option to extend it for another year and Fred’s messages are not those of a player who is thinking of leaving.
I just want to say that I am very happy here and I have never expressed any dissatisfaction and the possibility of leaving the club. Don’t get misled by fake news. We will continue to work with great dedication to pursue our goals.— Fred Rodrigues (@Fred08oficial) January 7, 2022
Fred has been left out of the United side for the last two matches against Burnley and Wolves, with Nemanja Matic preferred in his place.
But United’s midfield looked so off the pace against Bruno Lage’s side that he should be restored to the side for the FA Cup third round clash with Aston Villa.
Him sticking his neck out to rubbish some of the reports which have been swirling in recent days deserves credit, but as ever, the best way to do his talking is on the pitch.
Fred was one of the best players in the early part of Rangnick’s reign and his energy would be useful to invigorate a labouring side right now.
Sir Alex Ferguson would probably have used the current situation to create a siege mentality and if Fred and his teammates come out fighting to try and disprove the rumours of discontent, that would be the best response.
- Report: Manchester United enquire after Mexico international winger who is open to offers
- 18 wins from 20 games: Star has good reason for being tempted by Manchester United move
- Photo: 20-year-old Manchester United wonderkid compared to De Ligt closing in on return after being missing all summer
- World Cup '94 winner says Manchester United transfer target has already surpassed him
- £59.7m Manchester United target reportedly set to sign four-year deal around £350,000 per week