Donny van de Beek will already see one familiar face when he arrives at Manchester United.
He knows Timothy Fosu-Mensah well from their time in the Dutch international squad.
Fosu-Mensah began his career in Ajax’s youth system before moving to United in 2014.
He was pictured on international duty with Van de Beek a year later.
The pair have stayed in contact, with Fosu-Mensah joining Van de Beek on holiday in Ibiza in 2019.
This friendship can be helpful for Van de Beek as he settles in Manchester.
Bruno Fernandes was aided by Portuguese compatriot Diogo Dalot when he joined the club in January.
Fosu-Mensah will only likely be a squad player for United this season rather than a regular starter, but his biggest impact early on could be off the field, helping Van de Beek get off to a fast start at Old Trafford.
- United fans hoping Diallo can do a Martial this weekend
- Scholes says United should sign Fofana – but deal would be very unlikely
- Anthony Martial needs to rediscover debut season form in key Manchester United clashes
- Marcus Rashford is outperforming Sadio Mane this season
- Predicted Manchester United XI v Liverpool