Facundo Pellistri had his best game yet for Manchester United’s under-23 side at the weekend.
The young Uruguayan provided an assist for Shola Shoretire to score United’s opener in a 4-2 victory.
This was just his third game for United’s under-23s since joining from Penarol in October.
Pellistri sent a message to fans today reflecting on an important step.
Pellistri is clearly enjoying his start at United, even if it is with the under-23s.
The 18-year-old is a player who United are being patient with. There is no need to rush him as he settles into a new country at such a young age.
He is getting opportunities to train with the first team squad on a daily basis, and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be taking his qualities into account.
Not much is expected of Pellistri this campaign, but his impressive cross for his assist shows the qualities he can bring to the team.
This goal contribution was important to lift his confidence and Pellistri can use it to build from. It will be interesting to see how he follows this up.
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Liverpool
- Solskjaer praises development of full backs Shaw and Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer has reportedly rejected loan bids for van de Beek, Tuanzebe and Williams
- Cavani is finally bringing success to Manchester United’s number 7 shirt
- Loan for Facundo Pellistri can work if it fast-tracks his United success
- Fred’s late battling shows why he is so important to United
- Mark Lawrenson is expecting Manchester United to beat Liverpool
- Amad Diallo’s Manchester United debut is looking more and more likely
- Three Portugal based players Manchester United should be monitoring