Facundo Pellistri praises Edinson Cavani for helping him settle
Facundo Pellistri is hoping 2021 will be a big year for him at Manchester United.
The Uruguayan is hoping to make his United debut after his October transfer from Penarol.
Pellistri has been adjusting on and off the pitch to life in England, and he has praised the impact new teammate Edinson Cavani has had in helping him to settle.
The teenager told United’s club website: “
I speak with Edi and he is a very nice person. He is always trying to be around me, giving me advice and everything that I need. He is there to help me and that is very important for me. I am very happy with that.
“I know he is one of the best players in the world, and one of the all-time best players from Uruguay, but he is also a very nice person.“
Pellistri and Cavani are two players at different stages of their careers. With both coming from Uruguay, there is a natural bond between the two.
Cavani is already making a big impression, netting four goals for United so far, including one which broke the deadlock in the Carabao Cup quarter-final against Everton.
Suspension means Cavani won’t be available to play in the semi-final, nor the FA Cup game with Watford next weekend.
This may be disappointing for Pellistri, who has a chance of featuring in the Watford tie, but won’t be able to do it alongside his fellow Uruguayan.
Ultimately both players should prove to be very worthwhile investments for United, short term and long term, even if there is little crossover between the two.
Pellistri is under contract until 2026 and has plenty of time to come good. He cost just £7 million while Cavani joined on a free transfer.
Cavani has already shown what he is capable of and he should have a lot more to offer between now and the end of the season.
His help with Pellistri goes unseen, but shows what a class act he is off the pitch too.
- What channel is Brentford v Manchester United on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- 4-2-3-1: Predicted Manchester United XI v Brentford, 4 changes, McTominay dropped
- Photo: Youngster signs Manchester United contract after academy transfer
- Erik ten Hag press conference: Manchester United will make signings before transfer window closes
- 'Will not be available': Ten Hag confirms two Manchester United players will miss Brentford clash through injury
- Report: Manchester United raise £1m transfer target budget to £7m
- Photos: Cristiano Ronaldo features as United officially release new 2022/23 third kit
- Forget Arnautovic, the most ludicrous Manchester United striker link yet has emerged
- Manchester United's possible midfield solution could finally make career-changing breakthrough this weekend