Patrice Evra responds to Cristiano Ronaldo's message about his Manchester United debut
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed that Cristiano Ronaldo will make his second Manchester United debut against Newcastle today.
Ahead of the game, Ronaldo posted a message on Instagram alongside a photo of him back at Old Trafford.
Ronaldo’s former United teammate Patrice Evra was one of the many people to reply.
He wrote: “Cristiano, only love and respect for you here [at] Manchester United.”
It was reported that Evra and Ronaldo were in conversation before the Portuguese superstar’s return to the club.
An exciting day beckons
The atmosphere at Old Trafford ahead of the visit of Leeds on the opening weekend of the season was incredible.
Today it will be on another level. When Ronaldo walks out for the warm-up or when his name is read out, Old Trafford is going to erupt.
A debut goal would be the icing on the cake, and given that it’s Ronaldo, there could be even more goals in store than that.
Evra will be watching on as excitedly as the rest of us as Ronaldo finally makes his United return.
- Glazers will sell Manchester United for right price, says Michael Knighton, who calls for talks with Ratcliffe over investment
- 'Unreal', 'Absolute player'… Teammates react as 21-year-old Manchester United talent's loan spell ends
- 5 Darwin Nunez alternatives for Manchester United, including award-winning 34-goal forward
- 7 Argentina players who have played for Manchester United including a now 38-year-old free agent
- Ten Hag eyeing £25 million move for Ajax's player of the season