Another game, another goal for Mason Greenwood. It’s just inevitable at this point.
Manchester United’s increasingly impressive wonderkid now has four goals in his last three matches, and 16 in all competitions this season.
It is quite scary how good he can get. At the moment there are no limits for the 18-year-old.
His goal against Aston Villa was really well taken. Picking the ball up on the edge of the box in first half stoppage time, Greenwood shaped to shoot, and instantly you knew what was coming next. His shot was struck so powerfully that Pepe Reina had no chance.
Former United star Patrice Evra was a pundit on Sky Sports for the 3-0 win over Aston Villa, and he was impressed with Greenwood’s contribution.
Like many have before him, Evra made the comparison between Greenwood and his former United teammate Robin van Persie. He also urged him to keep working hard and to listen to his manager.
Former United defender David May and ex-goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel also expressed their excitement about Greenwood’s latest performance.
Greenwood is not done yet. He looks better and better with every game and he has earned the right to start in this team.
Solskjaer told the club website: ” You can’t leave a player out when he’s scoring goals. That’s more or less impossible.”
What is really impressive is the way he can score from anywhere on the pitch, with either foot. Opponents just do not have an answer for him.
He has brought his academy form with him into the first team. That’s beyond most young strikers. Greenwood just makes it look easy.
- What next for Dean Henderson at Manchester United as Blades eye alternatives?
- Smart loan move could see Manchester United’s Tahith Chong blossom in two positions
- Three United players who would be impacted by Sancho’s potential arrival
- 10 years after failed Manchester United move, Adem Ljajic is linked with another Premier League club
- Dan James could be a Manchester United fringe player next season and that is no bad thing
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v FC Copenhagen
- Who is reported Manchester United target Alex Meret?
- Reaction to report Tahith Chong loan could be two-years long
- Manchester United may have played a masterstroke over Chris Smalling