Ethan Laird injured in Swansea defeat against James Garner's Forest
Manchester United loanee Ethan Laird could face a period on the side-lines after sustaining a thigh injury in Swansea City’s defeat to Nottingham Forest.
The marauding wing-back was taken off on the stroke of half-time at the clash at the Liberty Stadium, which Forest went on to win 4-1.
Speaking after yesterday’s Championship clash, Swans boss Russell Martin told the club’s official website that he was unsure on Laird’s upcoming availability and felt it was too soon to put a timescale on his return.
When speaking on Laird, the former MK Dons manager was also giving an update on Kyle Naughton’s availability.
Martin said: “We lost a big part of our team in Kyle. He’ll be back early next week, but I’m not sure on Laird,” said Martin.
“Ethan was a loss when he came off, but Joel Latibeaudiere is learning a new position.
“We’ve had to shuffle the pack a lot. We got into a good rhythm in terms of team selection, but that’s not been the case recently.”
Despite only being on the pitch for half of the game, no player won more aerial duels than Laird (3).
Garner continues to shine
Making his fourth straight Championship start, Garner looks to have re-established himself as a key part of Steve Cooper’s side.
Now only four points off the play-off places, Forest continue to go from strength-to-strength, under the former Swans manager.
Earlier this month, Cooper felt that Garner was in a ‘good moment’ after ‘fighting to get in the team’.
No player completed more dribbles than the England under-21 international (2), in the clash between the two Manchester United loanees.
Let’s hope Ethan Laird, one of the Championship’s top dribblers, makes a swift return to action and can play a starring role in inspiring the Swansea side to compete with Garner’s Forest for a potential play-off spot.
- 'Really good': Erik ten Hag says he has been impressed by 'high potential' Manchester United player in training
- 7 Manchester United players could make first appearance against Manchester City for Red Devils
- Pep Guardiola hails 'incredible' Manchester United player as well as 4 Red Devils midfielders
- Ten Hag press conference: Manchester United star doing 'really well' in training, could come into team vs City
- 4-3-3: Manchester United's strongest XI on FIFA 23, top scorer and two Ten Hag favourites miss out