Most footballers use social media to post pictures of their happier moments. They might even include a picture or video of them celebrating a goal along with it.
Edinson Cavani is a little different. He has posted a video compilation of his missed chances.
Cavani added an important message, ‘Never give up.
Cavani is clearly using his missed chances as a motivating tool.
He included his missed header against Liverpool which cracked against the post, and his close range chances against Arsenal in the weekend’s goalless draw.
Cavani has five goals for United so far. He is still waiting for his first Old Trafford goal.
This was the sort of message and response we want to see from Cavani after the weekend. We need him to be fired up.
United have a big week, against a Southampton team he scored two goals against last time, and then versus Everton, who he scored two against in separate games. The fixtures bode well for him, but he will have to break his Old Trafford hoodoo.
At least he cares. The misses are clearly annoying him, and as they should. United should have beaten Arsenal at the weekend and created the better chances.
Cavani should be raring to go this week to try and leave his mark on Southampton again.
- Manchester United fans react to Mason Greenwood’s performance
- Cavani needs one more subsitute goal to equal Solskjaer record
- Jack Grealish responds to Dean Henderson’s new look
- Joel Glazer comments in announcement to plan Super League
- ‘Absolute scandal’… Gary Neville rages against proposed European Super League reports and Glazers