Manchester United signed two Uruguayan players on transfer deadline day.
Both players are at different points in their careers, with plenty to prove.
33-year-old Edinson Cavani has to prove he has still got it, while 18-year-old Facundo Pellistri needs to show he is worthy of United’s big investment in him.
Cavani has already publicly reached out to his new teammate via Instagram.
Cavani wrote: “Congratulations Facu. Safe travels and we’ll be waiting here to accompany you.”
Pellistri responded to thank Cavani for his kind words and compliment him as a ‘great player’.
Currently Pellistri is still in Uruguay and will travel to Manchester shortly.
He will be assessed by the club’s coaches, who will decide whether he will spend an extended time with the under-23 team or be fast-tracked into Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad.
- Photos: Manchester United release first images of Rangnick in training at Carrington
- Carrick's comments on Fernandes show why Manchester United need a stern manager like Rangnick
- Manchester United loanee preparing to take on 'quality' former Premier League player
- Raphael Varane shares his reaction to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Manchester United exit interview
- Record breaking wonderkid suddenly needs fresh Manchester United start under Ralf Rangnick
- Some Manchester United fans react to Ralf Rangnick's first press conference
- Manchester United could sign a complete midfielder who is still getting better
- Jadon Sancho develops partnership with United player nobody expected
- Report provides expected Manchester United return date for Raphael Varane
- Manchester United release official pictures of Rangnick posing with the shirt at Old Trafford