Edinson Cavani has sent a message conveying his thoughts after receiving a three match ban.
Cavani had sent a message to a friend after scoring two goals for Manchester United against Southampton, containing a word which could be deemed offensive.
The FA charged him despite United making clear there was no malicious intent.
Cavani was today handed a three match ban.
The Uruguayan sent a message out expressing his sorrow for any offence he might have caused, but also saying that his ‘heart is at peace.
Cavani will sit out games against Aston Villa, the Carabao Cup semi final with Manchester City, and the FA Cup tie with Watford.
The whole saga is another example of the FA coming down hard on United players. We still remember Wayne Rooney being handed a ban for swearing at a camera.
There was no leniency given towards Cavani for the context behind his message. United will have to try to get by without him, and Anthony Martial will need to step up.
- It should come as no surprise Lazio aren’t keen on £23.3m Pereira option
- Marcos Rojo is still out injured after leaving United
- Solskjaer explains why he didn’t bring Amad Diallo on against Palace
- Gary Neville criticises Marcus Rashford’s performance
- Manchester United fans react to Dean Henderson’s performance