Senior figures at Borussia Dortmund expect Jadon Sancho to sign with Manchester United, report The Independent.
Sancho turns 20 today and is one of the most coveted players in world football.
The report says United lead the race to sign him despite interest from other clubs.
Earlier today United star Marcus Rashford wished his England international pal a happy birthday.
Sancho has scored 17 goals and provided 17 assists this season in another magnificent individual campaign for Dortmund.
His side were just knocked out of the Champions League by PSG, giving him more incentive to start planning ahead for the future.
Sancho is said to be keen on a return to England and testing himself in the Premier League, after quitting Manchester City when he was just 17.
The Telegraph also reported United leading the race for Sancho earlier this month.
It will cost United around £100 million to sign Sancho, above the club record fee paid for Paul Pogba in 2016.
United are lacking a top quality winger in the squad and Sancho is regarded as one of the best in Europe, who is still years away from reaching his peak.
- Watford boss praises James Garner as one of most talented players in England
- Mengi or Maguire is Solskjaer’s big selection decision v Luton
- Potential loan move for Ismaila Sarr would be clever move for United
- Alex Telles would be ideal signing for United to shift to diamond formation
- Four players who would turn Manchester United into a force