Senior figures at Borussia Dortmund expect Jadon Sancho to sign with Manchester United, report The Independent.
Sancho turns 20 today and is one of the most coveted players in world football.
The report says United lead the race to sign him despite interest from other clubs.
Earlier today United star Marcus Rashford wished his England international pal a happy birthday.
Sancho has scored 17 goals and provided 17 assists this season in another magnificent individual campaign for Dortmund.
His side were just knocked out of the Champions League by PSG, giving him more incentive to start planning ahead for the future.
Sancho is said to be keen on a return to England and testing himself in the Premier League, after quitting Manchester City when he was just 17.
The Telegraph also reported United leading the race for Sancho earlier this month.
It will cost United around £100 million to sign Sancho, above the club record fee paid for Paul Pogba in 2016.
United are lacking a top quality winger in the squad and Sancho is regarded as one of the best in Europe, who is still years away from reaching his peak.
- Manchester United could see reported target Nuno Mendes as a winger in the long term
- Ethan Galbraith must impress on loan to jump ahead of Levitt and Garner at Manchester United
- Teden Mengi deserves to replace Phil Jones in Manchester United squad
- Manchester United would be absolutely fine without Pogba
- Manchester United’s Dylan Levitt must channel his idol Scholes during likely loan spell