Doncaster Rovers manager Gary McSheffrey has provided an update on the injury keeping Manchester United loanee Ethan Galbraith out of action.
The 20-year-old has missed Rovers’ last four matches and is back with his parent club due to a ‘sciatica problem’.
The two-time Northern Ireland international hasn’t featured since coming on at half-time in the 5-0 home hammering against Rotherham on February 1.
“Ethan’s still at Manchester United,” said McSheffrey via Doncaster Free Press ahead of Saturday’s derby with Sheffield Wednesday.
“It’s taking a little bit longer to clear up than we’d like but it’s one of those things. It needs a bit more time.
“He’s had a bit of a sciatica problem. It’s a bit of a nerve problem that’s been causing some pain in his hamstring and calf.
“So it’s just trying to settle that and then load it as well so we can nip it in the bud.
“But it’s out of my hands so when he comes back I’ll be delighted but until then I’ll just focus on the lads that are fit and can make an impact.”
McSheffrey’s side have managed to win two out of the four matches that the midfielder has missed.
With 13 League One games left to be played, Doncaster are currently 23rd in the table and six points off safety.
But AFC Wimbledon who currently sit 20th in the table have two games in hand on McSheffrey’s side.
Galbraith has made 29 appearances for Doncaster so far this season with 26 of those being starts.
Judging by McSheffrey’s latest update on Ethan Galbraith it’s hard to put a timeframe on when he will return action.
- Confirmed Manchester United starting line-up against Nottingham Forest
- Jadon Sancho pictured arriving at Old Trafford for Manchester United semi-final second leg
- How many transfer windows Phil Jones has now survived as a Manchester United player
- Rio Ferdinand responds to Paul Merson over Marcel Sabitzer criticism
- Can Marcel Sabitzer play in the Europa League? Eligibility and suspension explained