Di'Shon Bernard and Will Fish join Manchester United training
Two more Manchester United youngsters have joined Manchester United’s pre-season training sessions.
Defenders Di’Shon Bernard, 20, and Will Fish, 18, have both been called up to train with the first team squad.
Di’Shon Bernard, pictured above with Facundo Pellistri, spent last season out on loan at Salford City.
Neither Bernard or Fish were at Carrington last week and will be pleased to get a chance to show what they can do.
Will Fish made his Manchester United debut on the final day of last season against Wolves. Bernard made hs debut in 2019 against Astana.
Pre-season opportunities may beckon
It is very wise for United to add two extra centre-backs to the ranks right now because the team are short at the position in pre-season.
Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof are both on holidays while Eric Bailly is set to join up with the Ivory Coast for the Olympics.
All three are expected to miss United’s pre-season game with Derby County on Sunday.
It leaves Axel Tuanzebe as the only available senior centre-back. Youngster Teden Mengi is also available and trained all last week. His proposed loan to Derby has not yet gone through.
The various absences opens up a chance for Bernard or Fish to shine, and it is very possible both players get 45 minutes, along with Tuanzebe and Mengi.
Phil Jones has not yet been pictured in pre-season training and he is not throught to be available.
Bernard is likely to head out on loan again this season while Fish could continue with the under-23s.
Strong performances in pre-season might see United adjust those plans, or for better loan offers to come in for the pair. They both need to seize any opportunities they get over the next month.
- Antony suggests he will be available if Erik ten Hag wants him in emotional Ajax video message, Timber comments
- Manchester United send message to Britain's first openly gay footballer since Justin Fashanu
- Report: Manchester United could sign prolific striker for just £51 million
- 5 clubs £40m valued Manchester United man could move to this summer
- Ten Hag issues young player warning after handing debuts to 22nd and 23rd academy players at Ajax