Manchester United right-back Diogo Dalot has posted an injury update following last night’s FA Cup win against Aston Villa.
After being named on the bench for the last two Premier League games against Burnley and Wolves, United’s number 20 was back in the starting line-up for the cup clash.
Playing behind Mason Greenwood, the Portuguese international’s first thought in possession was to pass forwards and get his side on the front foot.
The 22-year-old was looking to drive forward and overlap Greenwood, once again showcasing his appetite and desire to contribute to United’s attacking phases of play.
But at one stage it looked like Dalot was going to be brought off against Steven Gerrard’s side.
He had a bloodied ankle and Aaron Wan-Bissaka was stripped and ready for action.
But Dalot battled on and completed the 90 minutes. The nasty looking gash didn’t stop the man who spent last season on loan at AC Milan from throwing himself into tackles.
Gerrard’s hostile return to Old Trafford certainly added some spice to the tie which at times threatened to spill over.
Dalot was one of three United players to pick up a yellow card after flying into a tackle and catching Matt Targett.
United held on to dump the former Liverpool midfielder’s side out of the FA Cup and Ralf Rangnick’s Reds will host Middlesbrough in the fourth round.
Following the clash, Dalot had to get stitches in his ankle, but he has provided an update on his condition to fans on Twitter.
Diogo Dalot will be hoping his cut has recovered in time for Saturday’s Premier League trip to Aston Villa.
- Photo: Martial points to Sevilla badge after signing deal, squad number unveiled, Rashford reacts
- Done deal: Sevilla confirm loan signing of Anthony Martial
- Denis Irwin gives his verdict on Manchester United's competition for places
- Who is the winger with £67m release clause Manchester United are linked with signing?
- 'Good deal'… Rio Ferdinand gives his verdict on Manchester United star's loan exit