Dean Henderson is still waiting for his appearance of the season.
He has struggled with the impact of Covid and has been left out of the most recent England squad too.
Henderson was pictured back in Manchester United training last week and is still at Carrington during the international break.
He posted a message on Instagram about his return to training, stating ‘it feels good to be back’.
Henderson’s season can finally get going
Henderson missed the European Championship with a hip injury, which must have been immensely frustrating.
That should have provided him with the opportunity to return to United on the very first day of pre-season and launch his bid for the number one shirt while David de Gea was recovering after the Euros.
He did return to training, before suffering the setback he is only just returning from now.
Henderson will hope that his season can finally click into gear after the international break.
The EFL Cup clash with West Ham this month might be the first time we see Henderson this season.
De Gea has started the campaign well, with the highlight being his stunning double save against Wolves on Sunday.
That means Henderson might have to be patient again, although he should get his place in the England squad back as soon as he’s fit.
- Conte may be a serial winner domestically but he hasn’t cracked Europe
- Manchester United loanee Dylan Levitt dominates in Dundee United draw
- Marcus Rashford sends message as he looks to fix Manchester United situation
- Three quick fix signings Manchester United could make in January to get back on track
- Manchester United youngster Sonny Aljofree celebrates meeting Cristiano Ronaldo