David de Gea was on the wrong side of a hammering as Manchester United were beaten by Liverpool.
For the second successive week, De Gea was let down by a terrible defensive performance and stood little chance against a ruthless Liverpool.
The Spaniard was making his 452nd appearance for United, and it was one to forget. He won’t be able to easily.
De Gea sent out a message expressing his love for the club, and said the team must do better.
He speaks on behalf of the team, to state the players ‘will not accept this performance’.
The fans don’t accept it either
Nobody at Old Trafford condones what was seen at Old Trafford on Sunday.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer knows it too. The manager is under severe pressure after a result like this.
It is not just one game either. United have conceded nine goals in the last two Premier League games.
The next three matches are against Tottenham (a), Atalanta (a) and Manchester City (h).
It is another tough stretch of matches which could spell the end for Solskjaer, if he is not there already.
De Gea’s message shows the players regard this as a major wake up call.
If there is no response after this, then it has to be the end of the line for Solskjaer.
- Cavani issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea
- Josh King admits blocked Manchester United move was worst moment of his career
- Carrick says van de Beek is capable of playing as a false nine
- Rangnick tipped to have same impact at United like Tuchel did at Chelsea
- Manchester United fans react to Dusan Vlahovic reports