Manchester United face Tottenham today, with both managers under pressure ahead of kick-off.
United’s 5-0 thrashing against Liverpool has understandably raised questions once again over Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s future.
Nuno Espirito Santo’s start to life in the Tottenham dugout has not been the smoothest.
But Nuno’s Portuguese countryman Diogo Dalot has praised him ahead of the big game at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Dalot said to United’s official website about Nuno: “He is a fantastic coach. I mean, what he did in Wolverhampton was outstanding.
“Now he went to Spurs and is also doing a good job, so it’s always a tough manager to go up against because he’s good, he’s very good.
“So, we’re going to have to be prepared for that, as well as obviously the fantastic players that their squad has. We need to be ready for any kind of challenge for this game.”
On Tottenham, Solskjaer added: “Tottenham with the quality and manager they’ve got, they’re always going to give you a challenge. We have to be ready, and do what we’ve agreed before the game.”
We put Dalot into our predicted XI for the game, with the prospect of Solskjaer making major changes.
He would offer a more attacking alternative to Aaron Wan-Bissaka, although he would need to be wary of Heung-min Son, who has been Tottenham’s most dangerous attacker this season.
It will be interesting to see if Solskjaer makes big alterations to his lineup or whether he sticks with his favourite players with the pressure ramping up.
This is a huge game for both managers, and Nuno could do with a statement win himself, against a major rival.
- Ralf Rangnick confirms 2 more Manchester United players who will start v West Ham today
- Is Manchester United vs West Ham on TV? Kick off time, team news and prediction
- 4-3-3: Predicted Manchester United XI v West Ham, Greenwood at 9
- Rangnick says he is happy with Manchester United star but calls on him to improve defensively
- Manchester United talent scores twice on under-23 return after loan recall