Manchester United are back in Champions League tonight as they face a huge clash with Atalanta.
Last night, former United man Daley Blind played in Europe’s elite competition for Ajax as they took on Borussia Dortmund.
Blind started at left-back as Ajax took Dortmund apart 4-0, keeping Erling Haaland quiet in the process.
It was a stunning night for Ajax and for Blind personally.
Blind made it 2-0 on 25 minutes with a superb strike which showed off his outstanding technique.
He also collected an assist on 72 minutes, flighting in a sumptuous cross to allow Sebastien Haller to make it 4-0.
As per WhoScored, he also made three interceptions and two clearances, as well as having more touches than any Ajax player.
That earned him a 9.25 out of 10 match rating and the man of the match award.
Blind is something of a cult hero at United. He was popular before he was sold by Jose Mourinho in July 2018.
He is still doing the business in the biggest club competition of them all, and his outstanding display caught the attention of some United fans on Twitter.
There were plenty of supporters pleased for Blind, who has had his health issues since leaving Old Trafford too.
A 4-0 win over Dortmund is an outstanding result and nobody played a bigger part in getting it than Blind.
Would Daley Blind not get into Utd’s first XI?— Brendan Michael McCartan (@Brendan62293550) October 19, 2021
- Charlie McNeill continues hot streak despite U23s defeat
- Ralf Rangnick is the perfect man to hand over to an elite permanent United manager
- Who is Ronald Araujo and why is he being linked to Manchester United?
- Cavani issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea
- Josh King admits blocked Manchester United move was worst moment of his career