Cavani sends passionate message to fans after assisting Rashford winner
Manchester United’s late winner against West Ham resulted in a wave of delirium radiating across Old Trafford, but no one looked as ecstatic as Edinson Cavani.
The influential 34-year-old came off the bench to give Marcus Rashford a tap-in in the 93rd minute.
The Uruguayan linked up with fellow substitutes Rashford and Anthony Martial to ensure the Reds picked up a crucial three points ahead of the international break.
As the England international tapped the ball home, United’s number 21 showcased all his passion and love the club, as he celebrated like he was the man scoring the goal.
But that’s exactly what the former Paris Saint Germain man is all about, the ultimate team player who revels and celebrates his teammates success as much as his own individual plaudits.
Cavani’s energy, exemplary commitment and work rate are contagious and keeping him fit for the final four months of his time at Old Trafford will be crucial to our chances of success.
After missing the midweek win against Brentford with ‘muscular problems’, it was great to see El Matador back available.
Highlighting his love the club and his traits of being the ultimate team player, Cavani sent a passionate message to fans after the dramatic win against the Hammers.
Cavani’s post saw teammates Rashford and Juan Mata show their love for the Uruguayan international.
With Edinson Cavani having two crucial World Cup qualifiers for his nation in the coming days, Ralf Rangnick will no doubt be hoping his influential forward comes through the matches unscathed.
- 'Monster' ex Manchester United centre-back used to demand to train 1 v 2
- Manchester United transfer target nicknamed 'the butcher of Amsterdam', he shut Haaland down
- Manchester United loanee backed to 'score lots of goals' under Erik ten Hag
- Manchester United should listen to Ten Hag's words and offer swap deal to get Antony: Opinion
- Manchester United star says he can't relax this summer due to Ten Hag arrival