Edinson Cavani didn’t play for Manchester United against Leeds on Saturday but that didn’t stop the fans unveiling a new chant for the Uruguayan.
Cavani has become a real fan favourite but he is yet to play in front of a full house at Old Trafford.
When he does, he is bound to get an outstanding reception and his new song will surely get an airing or two.
Cavani hasn’t even been pictured back in training with United yet, but he has become aware of his new song.
The experienced hitman posted a video on his Instagram page of United fans belting out his new song.
And he thanked supporters for the love they were showing him, while they wait to watch him for the first time this season.
Cavani the cult hero
Cavani’s start to last season was delayed because United signed him on deadline day.
Then he had to recover from an injury without the benefit of a pre-season, on top of trying to integrate with new teammates in a new country during lockdown.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had granted him an extended break this summer to see his family in Uruguay.
Along with the Copa America, that’s the reason why he hasn’t been back in United training yet.
Last season, United floundered while they waited for Cavani to get fit.
The early signs from the 5-1 win against Leeds are that they are equipped to cope better without him this time around.
But the longer the wait for Cavani’s first appearance of the season gets, the keener the fans will be to serenade him, which will only add to the atmosphere we’ve missed so much with fans back in the ground now.
- Conte may be a serial winner domestically but he hasn’t cracked Europe
- Manchester United loanee Dylan Levitt dominates in Dundee United draw
- Marcus Rashford sends message as he looks to fix Manchester United situation
- Three quick fix signings Manchester United could make in January to get back on track
- Manchester United youngster Sonny Aljofree celebrates meeting Cristiano Ronaldo