Bruno Fernandes training hard during Manchester United's time off
Manchester United’s players have been given some time off during the current break from Premier League action.
Edinson Cavani, Alex Telles, Fred and Facundo Pellistri are away on international duty with South America’s World Cup qualifiers ongoing.
Marcus Rashford, Jesse Lingard and Diogo Dalot are out in Dubai and have been training hard on the training pitch and in the gym.
And now footage of Bruno Fernandes working hard back in his native Portugal has also been uploaded to Instagram, including a video, which can be viewed here.
Others have been having more relaxing breaks, with Harry Maguire and Scott McTominay uploading pictures of themselves playing golf.
During a hectic season, the downtime could be good for some players but Fernandes is clearly keen to keep on working.
He has recently discovered his best form and will be hoping to maintain that when United return to action.
The next match is on Friday 4 February, when Middlesbrough are the visitors to Old Trafford in the fourth round of the FA Cup.
From then on, United are playing midweek matches until the final week of February, as the hectic schedule ramps up again.
That means it is advisable that the players make the most of the break as they seek to maintain the momentum generated by the first back-to-back wins of Ralf Rangnick’s tenure.
Fernandes looked sharp in the training footage, showcasing quick footwork and his trademark accuracy.
It is not quite clear when United’s players will return to group training but Rangnick will want plenty of time to prepare for the Boro game and continue to get his ideas across to a squad who have improved in recent matches.
- 'We are going to win trophies'… Manchester United star optimistic about silverware next season
- 5 free agents Manchester United could sign this summer including Rangnick's international DM and '£85m' Italy striker
- 'He delivers'… Steve McClaren is a huge fan of 25-year-old Manchester United midfielder
- 'Every detail'… Erik ten Hag says he has a 'good feeling' about Manchester United
- 17-year-old wonderkid 'expected' to go on Manchester United pre-season tour