Manchester United attacking midfielder Bruno Fernandes likes that the club’s new interim manager Ralf Rangnick is “intense”, like himself.
The German coach has been pictured at Old Trafford tonight, as he gets set to take his first game in charge of his new club on Sunday against Crystal Palace.
Michael Carrick, who is taking charge of tonight’s clash against Arsenal, has picked Fernandes in his starting line-up.
Speaking on Amazon Prime before the game, Fernandes gave his thoughts on Rangnick being the club’s interim manager.
Fernandes said: “From everything I’ve heard about him [Rangnick], he’s a person everyone respects in the world of football.
“He’s a really good manager. He’s offensive, he likes to press high. He’s intense. I like that, I’m an intense player.”
When asked whether United’s number 18 felt he fitted the man dubbed the ‘godfather’ of gegenpressing’s style, Fernandes was hopeful.
The former Sporting Lisbon captain added: “I hope so [he’s Rangnick’s type of player]. Everyone wants to be the perfect player to the manager, you know?”
- Erik ten Hag makes ‘only team in the world’ claim about Manchester United
- Manchester United ‘confident’ as talks opened for Mason Mount
- Why Manchester United should sign Diogo Costa to replace De Gea
- Ten Hag target spotted watching Manchester United at Wembley
- Antony reacts to FA Cup final defeat