Bruno Fernandes sends message to fans after penalty miss
Bruno Fernandes’ reaction as he left the pitch spoke volumes to his frustration at missing a penalty against Aston Villa.
Fernandes’ blazed his injury time penalty over the bar in injury time.
He was looking to tie the game after Villa scored a controversial opener minutes earlier.
Fernandes’ miss condemned United to a 1-0 loss.
After a few hours to reflect, Fernandes has written a lengthy and emotional statement reflecting on the miss.
You can tell Fernandes is hurting. It is rare he misses a penalty and when he did miss one last season against Newcastle, United won the game anyway.
This time his miss cost United a point, but even that would have been a poor result.
United lacked cohesion in the final third against Villa, with nobody showing any composure in front of goal.
Whether Fernandes takes the next penalty, we will see. He is usually reliable, but you know Ronaldo will be keen to take over.
United’s next game is against Villarreal and then Everton in the Premier League, against who Fernandes scored three times last season.
- 'Watch Love Island instead': Six worst/funniest reviews left by Manchester United fans on Paul Pogba's documentary
- Report: 'Outstanding' 22-year-old talent is now all set to leave Manchester United on loan
- 'Already had contact': Club chiefs admit they have had transfer interest in reported Manchester United target
- £67.5m star hands in transfer request with Manchester United linked
- Club confirm signing of 'high calibre' young player released by Manchester United