Manchester United stars Bruno Fernandes and Jesse Lingard have reacted to Angel Gomes scoring his first domestic goal for Lille.
After scoring his first goal for the reigning Ligue 1 champions earlier this month, in the Champions League, United’s former academy wonderkid has opened his account in French football.
The England under-21 international opened the scoring after 23 minutes, in the 3-1 Coupe de France cup tie win against Auxerre yesterday.
This came after the 21-year-old came off the bench to score his first goal and open his assist account, in the 3-1 win at Wolfsburg, which clinched Lille’s spot in the Champions League last-16.
The under-17 World Cup champion will be heading back to England in the New Year as Lille were drawn against Premier League side Chelsea, in the last-16.
Only six points off the Champions League places, Lille have made a woeful attempt at regaining the Ligue 1 title. Jocelyn Gourvennec’s side are 20 points off the runaway league leaders Paris Saint Germain.
Gomes has been in and out of the Lille, but with the talented attacking midfielder starting to add goalscoring contributions to his performances in France, he will hoping to nail down a place in the starting line-up, ahead of facing the Champions League holders.
Alongside Fernandes and Lingard, United academy team mates James Garner and D’Mani Mellor have also reacted to Gomes’ latest goalscoring achievement.
Gomes will be hoping his first domestic goal means he is rewarded with a start in Wednesday’s Ligue 1 trip to Bordeaux.
- 'Good deal'… Rio Ferdinand gives his verdict on Manchester United star's loan exit
- 'Speed'… Boss says Manchester United 20-year-old's pace crucial to first ever international cap
- Anthony Martial's best 5 moments as a Manchester United player as Sevilla loan exit nears
- Manchester United forward Anthony Martial pictured in Spain ahead of joining Sevilla on loan
- 'There's no downside': Middlesbrough boss plotting Old Trafford win, he's already beaten United