Brandon Williams plays first game in four weeks and it ends badly
When Brandon Williams joined Norwich on loan from Manchester United, it seemed like a good opportunity for the defender to get regular Premier League football.
But he has joined a club who are anchored to the foot of the Premier League table. They have no wins, two draws and two goals.
To make matters worse for Williams, he has lost his place in the side in recent games.
Daniel Farke’s side travelled to Chelsea in the 12.30pm kick-off and Williams was again left on the bench.
But it was 3-0 to Chelsea at half-time thanks to goals from Mason Mount, Callum Hudson-Odoi and Reece James and Farke brought Williams on at the interval.
Williams’ last outing before this one was four weeks ago, as Everton beat Norwich 2-0.
His return to the side did not go well as Norwich ended up getting thumped 7-0.
As per WhoScored, he had 22 touches, and made a tackle, an interception and a clearance, but was unable to help Norwich stem the tide at all.
It might be the case that Farke is relying on more experienced players to try and get Norwich off the bottom of the table.
And not leaving Williams to get exposed in a struggling side every week might be for the best.
There is another school of thought; that Williams is unable to regularly force his way into the worst team in the Premier League.
It remains to be seen whether Williams gets a start next time around but he will hope his next appearance goes a lot better than this one.
- 'He can completely destroy an opponent': Ten Hag's £14.4m Ajax star raves about former Manchester United boss
- Manchester United XI that could leave this summer, including two France internationals
- 20-year-old Manchester United talent compared to De Ligt could be big winner under Ten Hag
- Ralf Rangnick gets triple injury boost ahead of final game as Manchester United manager
- Brazilian press report Antony is keen to leave Ajax, Manchester United make 'concrete proposal'