Manchester United loanee Tahith Chong started for Birmingham last night against Wayne Rooney’s Derby.
The Blues won 2-0 and despite not getting a goal or an assist, Chong was voted Sky Sports Man of the Match.
“Everyone will talk about him in possession and the way he glides past people it is beautiful to watch.
“But I look at the other side and he works so hard for the team. To come from Manchester United and to have the attitude he has, he is a credit to their football club.
“There are other players that have talent, but they are luxury players. He ran 60 yards past someone to catch up – I like that more. If you have that talent and still do that, you have every chance of making it at the top.”
Chong has played for Manchester United’s first team and is highly regarded as a talented winger.
Last season wasn’t ideal for him, with mixed loan spells at Werder Bremen and Club Brugge but he’s an outstanding prospect with a lot of potential.
It seems like he’s found the right loan move now and is a crucial player for Bowyer’s men, who will look to push into the Championship play-offs.
It seems Birmingham fans already love him too and here’s how his performance last night went down:
- Five substitutes rule change would benefit Manchester United whoever is in charge
- Manchester City out of Carabao Cup: Did Manchester United miss out or have lucky escape?
- Three steps Solskjaer can take to avoid bowing out like Jose Mourinho
- Manchester United’s players pictured back in training
- Raphael Varane’s possible return would be Manchester United’s best case scenario