There is little doubt Manchester United’s second half comeback against Atalanta was aided by the Italian side’s injury problems.
Atalanta were already without captain Rafael Toloi, before Merih Demiral limped off and had to be replaced at half-time.
United scored three second half goals to turn the game on it’s head and win 3-2, going to the top of the Champions League group in the process.
Next week United visit Italy, looking to kick on and secure a vital away to consolidate the position in the group.
Atalanta will be stronger defensively
Atalanta are set for a double injury boost for their home fixture with Manchester United next week.
TMW report Rafael Toloi has returned to training. The 31-year-old Italy international’s return will be huge for them.
Toloi has played more than 200 games for the club since joining Atalanta in 2015.
The same report notes Merih Demiral is also expected to make his return to action this weekend.
Ronaldo’s former Juventus teammate played well against United in the first 45 minutes and scored one of his team’s goals.
Getting both players back will make Atalanta harder to break down, providing both come through the weekend’s match with Lazio unscathed.
Atalanta may not be able to play their preferred back three, however.
Jose Palomino was injured on Wednesday night against Sampdoria and could miss the United game.
This makes the returns of Toloi and Demiral a real relief for the Italians as they attempt to get one over on United next Tuesday.
- Facundo Pellistri plays 70 minutes on international debut in Uruguay win
- Big transfer moves in Europe impact Manchester United, including target's £62.4m switch
- Bryan Robson believes Anthony Elanga emergence will “spur” Manchester United star on
- Harry Maguire talks up 'amazing' Manchester United teammate
- 'Big champion': Manager praises 'disillusioned' Manchester United ace following agonising loss
- Manchester United loanee tipped to have big impact in title race by Sky pundit
- 'All the talent in the world': Maguire challenges Manchester United wonderkid to kick on
- United youngster Amad pictured in Rangers kit as loan deal sealed
- Photo: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pictured as Manchester United Women U21 win 5-0