Like his Manchester United teammates, Axel Tuanzebe was also in EFL Cup action last night.
Tuanzebe was fielded at the heart of defence for loan club Aston Villa as they took on Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
The defender came up against Timo Werner and then Romelu Lukaku when he was introduced as a substitute.
The match ended 1-1 after 90 minutes, before the Blues won 4-3 on penalties, with former United player Ashley Young missing one of two crucial spot-kicks.
Tuanzebe picked up a rating of 8 out of 10 from the Birmingham Mail after the match. No Villa player was ranked higher.
They wrote: “The loanee won a strong near-post header and, in the first half, looked comfortable up against the much smaller Werner.
“The little German got in between him though to send his header past Steer. Tuanzebe stayed strong, though, and blocked crosses into Villa’s box at will.”
Only one Villa player made more clearances than his three and nobody made more than his two blocks.
Tuanzebe also looked comfortable in possession of the ball as Villa withstood periods of pressure well before playing their way back into the game in both halves.
His performance went down very well indeed with some Villa fans on Twitter.
There were some man of the match shouts thrown his way and other Villas supporters want him signed up permanently…
Tuanzebe has to be bought permanently— leo (@LeoAVFC82) September 22, 2021
- Edinson Cavani sends one word message to Manchester United fans
- Manchester United and Atalanta are polar opposites in one specific category
- Brandon Williams may have to be patient to regain Norwich starting spot
- Lack of Pogba to Ronaldo connection is biggest attacking disappointment
- How Manchester United could line-up v Atalanta in 3-5-2 formation