Arnau Puigmal is celebrating scoring his first ever professional goal.
The former Espanyol talent left Manchester United in the summer after three years in the Red Devils academy. Last season he scored seven goals in 12 games for the under-23s.
Puigmal chose to leave when his contract expired, returning to Spain with the objective of playing regular football.
So far so good
Puigmal joined Spanish second division side Almeria in the summer as a free agent. His move is beginning to pan out well.
Sunday’s game was the ninth match Puigmal has played of his spell, and just his second start. These starts have both come in his last three games.
Puigmal scored the third goal in Almeria’s 4-1 victory away at Mirandes.
The strike moved them into first place by a point, and they will be targeting promotion.
If the season continues to go well for Almeria, Puigmal will be playing La Liga football next year.
The switch could turn out to be a very shrewd move for the 20-year-old, who signed a five year deal with the club in the summer.
Puigmal’s goal at the weekend was his first ever professional strike, and it is likely the first of many for the attacking midfielder.
- Photo: Martial points to Sevilla badge after signing deal, squad number unveiled, Rashford reacts
- Done deal: Sevilla confirm loan signing of Anthony Martial
- Denis Irwin gives his verdict on Manchester United's competition for places
- Who is the winger with £67m release clause Manchester United are linked with signing?
- 'Good deal'… Rio Ferdinand gives his verdict on Manchester United star's loan exit