Arnau Puigmal scores first professional goal after leaving Manchester United
Arnau Puigmal is celebrating scoring his first ever professional goal.
The former Espanyol talent left Manchester United in the summer after three years in the Red Devils academy. Last season he scored seven goals in 12 games for the under-23s.
Puigmal chose to leave when his contract expired, returning to Spain with the objective of playing regular football.
So far so good
Puigmal joined Spanish second division side Almeria in the summer as a free agent. His move is beginning to pan out well.
Sunday’s game was the ninth match Puigmal has played of his spell, and just his second start. These starts have both come in his last three games.
Puigmal scored the third goal in Almeria’s 4-1 victory away at Mirandes.
The strike moved them into first place by a point, and they will be targeting promotion.
If the season continues to go well for Almeria, Puigmal will be playing La Liga football next year.
The switch could turn out to be a very shrewd move for the 20-year-old, who signed a five year deal with the club in the summer.
Puigmal’s goal at the weekend was his first ever professional strike, and it is likely the first of many for the attacking midfielder.
- 4-2-3-1: Predicted Manchester United XI v Brentford, 4 changes, McTominay dropped
- Photo: Youngster signs Manchester United contract after academy transfer
- Erik ten Hag press conference: Manchester United will make signings before transfer window closes
- 'Will not be available': Ten Hag confirms two Manchester United players will miss Brentford clash through injury
- Report: Manchester United raise £1m transfer target budget to £7m