Manchester United superkid Anthony Elanga scored again for Sweden’s Under-21 side on Friday night.
Elanga found the net twice as Sweden saw off their Bosnian counterparts 4-0.
He opened the scoring from the penalty spot after 24 minutes, before making it 3-0 with 15 minutes left.
The thumping win keeps Sweden top of their European Championship qualification group with six matches played.
That said, Italy have a game in hand and sit just one point behind and could leapfrog them with a win.
That double makes it seven goals in seven games for Sweden’s Under 21 side for Elanga now.
He made his debut in June and has been on fire at international level since.
Elanga also has four goals in seven Premier League 2 matches for United’s Under-23s this term.
His only senior appearance this season came in the 1-0 EFL Cup loss against West Ham, and United’s elimination from that competition has probably closed off his main route to gametime for the first team in the short term.
Ready for a loan?
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is fighting for his job right now and is unlikely to throw Elanga into the current situation.
It looks increasingly likely that that Elanga needs a loan move in January to play regularly at senior level in games which matter.
Tahith Chong was on loan at Birmingham in the Championship before he got injured and perhaps one possible compromise would be to send Elanga to St Andrew’s to replace him, given how well Chong did there.
It is likely there would be no shortage of suitors if Elanga went out on loan but unitl January, all he can do is carry on scoring when he gets out on the pitch and that is exactly what he is doing for his country.
- 4 Chances Created: Manchester United loan midfielder makes another case for recall
- 'Will be a club captain'… Some fans react to Manchester United loanee's 'outstanding' performance and interview
- 'Need time on the grass': Manager provides update on Manchester United loanee
- Report: Manchester United ace turns down loan move to Premier League side
- BBC pundits claim 'quality' Manchester United player 'stepped up' against Aston Villa