Young prospect Anthony Elanga has begun the season in excellent form for Manchester United’s under-18s.
Elanga, 17, scored two goals in United’s 3-1 victory over Blackburn.
He also provided an assist for new boy Dillon Hoogewerf, who scored his first goal from open play for United, having netted a penalty in a previous game.
Elanga now has three goals in three games and two assists.
He also came on for the under-23s for the last 15 minutes of the win over Newcastle on Friday.
Elanga is a Sweden youth international who featured at the European under-17 championships this summer.
He has made the bench for all of United’s under-23 matches this season, showing United are confident he can step up.
United signed Elanga from Malmo three years ago and he is developing as a standout prospect.
The under-18s are away at Liverpool next. This will be a good challenge for Elanga to continue his good form.
There is a lot more to come from the young winger and the way he has started he season is encouraging.
United seem keen to test him too, and he is a player to really keep an eye on this season.
- Manchester United’s two best players against Leicester City
- Two Manchester United players who struggled against Leicester City
- Manchester United fans react to Tahith Chong’s performance
- Reliable McTominay gives a commanding performance in Pogba’s absence
- Manchester United fans react to Fred’s performance