Andrei Kanchelskis reacts to Ralf Rangnick to Manchester United
Ralf Rangnick is set to become the interim manager position at Manchester United, The Athletic report.
This is a potentially very smart decision for United and Rangnick will be able to steer the club in the right direction on and off the pitch.
Rangnick will leave behind a consultancy role at Lokomotiv Moscow.
Former United winger Andrei Kanchelskis was quizzed on the situation by the Russian media and gave his take on the potential move.
Kanchelskis told Championat: If Ralf is invited, then in England he is known and followed by his work. This is a great challenge. Who would refuse to go to United to work?
“Everyone would leave. We must wish Rangnick good luck.”
There should be no sense of bitterness in Russia towards Rangnick despite his short stay, and Kanchelskis’ words reflect this. He points out that this is a fantastic opportunity.
The Manchester United job is arguably the biggest in football, and Rangnick can become a legend in England by becoming the man who finally gets the club back on track.
This won’t be easy to do in a short-term role, which is why Rangnick is reported to be set to sign a deal which involves work as a long term strategist too.
He will have a hand in the appointment of a new permanent boss, re-navigating the club back towards the success it once enjoyed.
United have become a club of untapped potential in recent years, failing to live up to it’s billing as a true superpower.
- 'Watch Love Island instead': Six worst/funniest reviews left by Manchester United fans on Paul Pogba's documentary
- Report: 'Outstanding' 22-year-old talent is now all set to leave Manchester United on loan
- 'Already had contact': Club chiefs admit they have had transfer interest in reported Manchester United target
- £67.5m star hands in transfer request with Manchester United linked
- Club confirm signing of 'high calibre' young player released by Manchester United