Andreas Pereira may be trying a new approach to catch the attention of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Pereira has had a disappointing restart as he has not been picked to start a single game.
This was despite showing promise by netting two goals in a friendly match against West Brom back in early June, and signing off pre-lockdown with a long range goal against LASK.
So Pereira is trying something different to try and stand out ahead of the final game. He has bleached his hair.
Since the restart, 24-year-old Pereira has played in two games for United as a substitute.
These came in the form of a 10 minute cameo against Sheffield United, and 26 minutes against Brighton, with the games already won in both cases.
This came after making 23 Premier League appearances, 18 as a starter, in the first part of the season.
Pereira has failed to make the last two matchday squads of 20, against Crystal Palace and West Ham, although was an unused substitute in the FA Cup semi-final against Chelsea.
He has obviously felt necessary for a new approach to try and stand out, ahead of the final day of the Premier League season.
The best Pereira can probably hope for is a place on the bench against Leicester as United look to close out Champions League qualification.
Then he may get a second chance to state his case against LASK when the Europa League resumes on August 5.
- Is Man Utd vs Villa on TV? Kick off time, team news and prediction
- Solskjaer says de Gea has been smashing personal bests in United’s fitness tests
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Aston Villa
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s record against Aston Villa
- David de Gea excited by Cristiano Ronaldo’s early impact
- Solskjaer offers update on Cavani ahead of Villa clash
- Aston Villa boss Smith raves about United loanee Axel Tuanzebe
- Manchester United’s top under-23s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United’s top under-18s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22