Amad Diallo’s confirmation as a Manchester United player has given a little bit of a lift a day after a semi-final defeat.
The club announced Diallo’s long awaited move from Atalanta has now gone through.
Diallo has now posted a picture on his Instagram page for the first time wearing a United kit.
Diallo is for now still in Italy as he awaits his visa paperwork before flying to England.
The wonderkid’s arrival is hotly anticipated, with The Mail reporting United could eventually pay £37 million for his services, with £19 million going to Atalanta up front.
Upon arrival at Carrington, Diallo will be presented for official photos and interviews, but for now, the picture he posted on his Instagram page is the first time he has been pictured in United colours since his arrival was first agreed back at the start of October.
Diallo, just 18, is an exciting player who will add depth in a position where United are low on quality options.
It may only be the 2021/22 season in which Diallo really makes his presence at United felt, and anything he contributes this season will be seen as a bonus.
Amad Diallo: Player profile
- Breakthrough star
Diallo made his first team debut for Atalanta in 2019/20. He has one goal in his three Serie A appearances.
- Five years in Italy
Diallo was born in the Ivory Coast, moving to Atalanta in 2015 after impressing on a trial.
- Right wing dynamo
Diallo’s record at youth level is impressive. Last season he scored seven goals and provided 11 assists for Atalanta’s academy, which included a strike against Manchester City in the UEFA Youth League.
- Champions League debut
Diallo made his Champions League debut for Atalanta in 2020, impressing in a substitute appearance against Midtjylland.
- United must give Donny van de Beek a chance to shine against Liverpool next week
- Solskjaer is impressed with Diallo early impressions amid need for width
- Five Rashford offsides show Manchester United can become more ‘composed’
- Despite likely exit Jesse Lingard’s training performance is still strong
- Portadown boss pleased to sign United youngster Jacob Carney
- Luca Ercolani praises Paul Pogba in interview after Manchester United exit
- United fans praise Victor Lindelof after solid performance
- Six stats you may have missed as United draw 0-0 with Liverpool
- United become Premier League first team to keep clean sheet at Anfield since 2018