Alex Telles thanks supporters after winning goal of the month award
Alex Telles scored his first Manchester United goal of his career just over a week ago.
The goal was a spectacular strike and an important one too. Telles volleyed in a chipped pass from Bruno Fernandes to give United a crucial equaliser in the Champions League tie with Villarreal.
United went onto win the game and seal a crucial three points thanks to a 95th minute winner from Cristiano Ronaldo.
Now Telles’ goal has been voted as the Manchester United goal of the month for September.
United’s official website revealed Telles won the fan poll with 49 per cent of total votes.
Bruno Fernandes’ goal against Newcastle finished joint second with 14 per cent, alongside Jesse Lingard’s winner away at West Ham.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s second goal in the 4-1 win over Newcastle landed 11 per cent of the vote.
Telles was pleased to win the award and sent a message to supporters expressing his thanks.
Working at Carrington
Carrington has been training at Carrington this week as he is not part of the Brazil squad at present.
Telles was seen in training alongside Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic and Phil Jones on Tuesday. He likely had some involvement in the practice game against Blackburn on Wednesday.
It is a chance for the squad to bond in a smaller group too, and Telles is enjoying making up for lost time.
He posted a picture with Juan Mata from the dressing room showing how much he is enjoying the Spaniard’s company.
Telles is now into his second year as a Manchester United player and the best is yet to come. His goal was a great signal of intent and a platform to kick on from.
This award will help him feel more welcome and accepted and can only be a positive.
- Report suggests Manchester United could sign midfield star who's 'better than Pogba' for £42 million
- 21-year-old Manchester United ace set for season-long loan to Championship side after initial move collapses
- Marcus Rashford sends message to Manchester United fans after defeat, it's a new approach
- Incoming signing's relationship with star duo could help strengthen Manchester United spine
- Club begin talks to sign replacement for £20m Manchester United strike target