Alex Telles says he is in best moment of his career, has spoken to Fernandes
New Manchester United signing Alex Telles says he is in the best moment of his career.
The 27-year-old is at an age where he should be at his peak, and he says he feels like it too.
The ex-Porto star says he has never felt better and is ready to take on his new challenge at Old Trafford.
Telles told United’s official website: “I have great beliefs in my defensive capabilities but also in my attacking ability.
“I’m in the best moment of my career and I believe I’ve grown a lot, and hopefully I can continue to do so.”
Telles’ self-confidence is great to hear and he arrives with a CV able to back it up, having won league titles in Portugal and Turkey.
He also sounds like a leader, and United need more of these in the team and in the defence.
Telles says he has spoken to United star Bruno Fernandes already.
He explained: “I believe I’m going to meet a marvellous group. I’ve spoken to Bruno Fernandes and he’s said how welcoming the boys are. I believe I will settle very well into the group.”
The Brazilian says he is looking forward to helping United to push for silverware.
He said: “I’ve got that mentality that I want to win games and I want to win trophies. It’s all about the big moments.”
Telles automatically becomes United’s best attacking full-back and he will be a big addition this season and beyond, one who his younger United teammates in the position can learn from.
Alex Telles: Buccaneering Brazilian
- Alex Telles is an attacking full-back with an impressive goal contribution.
In 95 games for Porto he has 30 assists and 20 goals. 14 of these strikes have been penalties.
- He has been an overlooked talent at international level
Telles has only one international cap, earned last year. As he has an Italian passport, he did not require a work permit.
- Telles has experience and he is a proven winner
For Porto, Telles has won two league titles and one Portuguese cup. He also won the Turkish Super Lig and two Turkish Cups playing for Galatasaray.
- 'Here we go'… Manchester United player agrees £13 million exit, says Fabrizio Romano
- Video: Erik ten Hag has one-to-one chat with 21-year-old Manchester United ace in training
- Ten Hag now has Manchester United front three Solskjaer wanted and never picked
- 'Special' player is a perfect fit for Manchester United, says ex-Red Devils star
- Manchester United players welcome new signing Tyrell Malacia to club
- 'Love his style': Tyrell Malacia hoping to emulate and surpass Manchester United legend who won 6 major trophies
- 'One of our own': Feyenoord post emotional message asking Manchester United to look after their former star
- 'Tremendous': Manchester United's first signing of the Ten Hag era speaks in glowing terms about his new manager
- Cristiano Ronaldo staying one more year would suddenly be a hard sell to Manchester United fans