Alex Telles' message shows he is hopeful Manchester United spell will turn around
Alex Telles’ arrival at Manchester United last season was credited with sparking an upturn in form for Luke Shaw.
Now with Shaw’s form recently dropping off, Telles still can’t get a look in.
It’s understandable the Brazilian is frustrated, after his best moment in a Manchester United shirt.
Telles’ volley against Villarreal may have been a turning point in United’s Champions League campaign, and yet since then, he has not had a kick.
Shaw was instantly recalled to face Everton, made a goal-costing mistake, and has retained his place regardless. So much for fair competition.
Even after the Liverpool game, Telles seemed like a logical recall, especially with United shifting to 3-5-2.
Sadly for Telles, he not only missed out on a starting place, he failed to even make United’s bench at Spurs.
Shortly before kick-off, no doubt informed of the team news, Telles sent out a message on social media.
Telles’ message showed he is not prepared to give up, and he is optimistic his prospects will turn around.
It’s possible Telles sent this as a broad summary of his hopes. Or it is possible Solskjaer has promised him he could feature against Atalanta, and he just needed to be patient for one more game.
Shaw did well against Spurs after a tricky start in which he was booked for hauling down an opponent.
At that stage it looked like United might have regretted not having Telles on the bench.
An expanded bench for Champions League games and five substitutes at least offers Telles some optimism he may be involved against Atalanta in some capacity.
Shaw did provide the assist for Ronaldo’s winner against the Italians last time out, but he was also partly at fault for both goals.
Solskjaer has a big squad of players and he needs to start using it more sensibly.
Telles’ message was one of optimism, but if squad players like him keep on getting overlooked, they will start to grow increasingly restless.
- Ten Hag reportedly gives key role to Manchester United star with no appearances since December 2021
- Surprise Van Gaal signing and 3 other former Manchester United players who played under Omonia boss Lennon
- Poland youth international trains with Manchester United first team ahead of Europa League tie
- Ten Hag's Manchester United have to bounce back like Sir Alex Ferguson's did after City trouncing
- 18-time international hoping to follow in the footsteps of former Manchester United teammate
- Omonia boss Neil Lennon gives his verdict on Cristiano Ronaldo's lack of minutes at Manchester United
- 'Nothing more dangerous': Neil Lennon gives his verdict on Manchester United's hammering against Manchester City
- Manchester United announce 22-man travelling squad for Omonia game, new signing fit again
- Ten Hag press conference: Four Manchester United players ruled out of trip to Cyprus
- Manchester United whizkid needs to stop trying to score 'perfect goal', says manager
- 82 Touches, 4 Interceptions: Manchester United teenager Ten Hag admires seizes chance