David de Gea has shared a photo from Spain’s dressing room with potential Manchester United teammate Sergio Reguilon.
AS reported this week that United have tabled an offer for the Real Madrid left-back.
Reguilon was in the Spain squad for the first time for Thursday night’s Nations League game with Germany.
He was an unused substitute while De Gea picked up a man-of-the-match award.
Reguilon will hope to make his international debut on Sunday against Ukraine.
Reguilon, 23, is open to joining Manchester United, report AS.
He was part of Sevilla’s Europa League winning side last season, and provided the cross for their first goal against United, which Suso scored past De Gea.
Real Madrid have Marcelo and Ferland Mendy, making Reguilon expendable.
MORE UNITED STORIES
United also have Luke Shaw and Brandon Williams at left-back, although the latter could switch to the right.
It remains to be seen whether talk of a United approach is all talk, or something substantial, but it would seem De Gea is trying to do what he can to persuade his international colleague to make the move if an offer does come his way.
- Alan Shearer picks out Manchester United legend as one of three best players of his generation
- MUTV pundit predicts how many goals Rasmus Hojlund will score this season after stunning performance
- Jadon Sancho stance and tanking transfer value may eventually give Manchester United what they want
- £30m star shows Manchester United what they are missing with ‘practically perfect’ display
- Director warns Manchester United off £87m ace with ‘enormous potential’
- Manchester United youngsters react as Harrison Parker seals exit to Manchester City
- Ex Manchester United starlet’s 5-min assist hat-trick shows his big progress
- Erik ten Hag’s top transfer target left teammate ‘upset’ over potential £70m Man United move
- David Beckham makes eye-opening revelation about his Manchester United exit