David de Gea has shared a photo from Spain’s dressing room with potential Manchester United teammate Sergio Reguilon.
AS reported this week that United have tabled an offer for the Real Madrid left-back.
Reguilon was in the Spain squad for the first time for Thursday night’s Nations League game with Germany.
He was an unused substitute while De Gea picked up a man-of-the-match award.
Reguilon will hope to make his international debut on Sunday against Ukraine.
Reguilon, 23, is open to joining Manchester United, report AS.
He was part of Sevilla’s Europa League winning side last season, and provided the cross for their first goal against United, which Suso scored past De Gea.
Real Madrid have Marcelo and Ferland Mendy, making Reguilon expendable.
United also have Luke Shaw and Brandon Williams at left-back, although the latter could switch to the right.
It remains to be seen whether talk of a United approach is all talk, or something substantial, but it would seem De Gea is trying to do what he can to persuade his international colleague to make the move if an offer does come his way.
- Is this the best front six to get Van de Beek into United’s starting XI?
- Teden Mengi’s step down to United under-23s a necessary detour on his way to the top
- Paul Pogba must earn back a regular starting spot in United’s best XI
- Kylian Mbappe raves about two Manchester United players
- Fans react to Bruno Fernandes being handed captaincy for PSG clash
- Predicted Manchester United XI v PSG
- Anthony Martial has more to give than any other United player v PSG
- Mata and Fernandes partnership could change United’s approach
- Harry Maguire sends message to Manchester United fans